Friday 25 April 2008

DARING CARD MAKERS - SO DISTRESSING

This weeks Friday dare is...

Hi it's Keryn here and it's my turn to Distress you all, or at least your cards with this weeks dare. You can make a card for any season, any holiday, any occasion but you need to use either a fingernail, curled edges, sandpaper, tearing, anything you like really as long as looks like it's had a fair bit or wear and tear.



I ripped the brown paper and then used my scissors to 'distress' the inside of the cut out square. I then went over it with my Dark Brown Chalk Pad (love that pad) to give it a bit of age.



The little bird shape is something I drew the other day! I covered both sides with Papermania paper and added some thread so that the bird could spin. The flower I received from Alina (Nowalinka) and the buttons are by Doodlebug.



Thanks for looking - now off to have a look at everyone else's ;)

31 comments:

Dolly Mixtures said...

Great card - Love the twirly bird in the middle. Angela (:

Sheila said...

Oooh I love your card. The bird is fab.

pasiakowa said...

And here it is a beautiful card! :D
I love the idea with a thread - it makes this little birdie alive :)

stampingbalou said...

Oh my Gosh, what a stunning card !

Juliet said...

Donna, this is beautiful. I love your bird!

Charlene Austin said...

GET OUT!! Well you know what I think.....PERFECTION!!! I absolutley love it!

Sandy said...

Wow this is brilliant. Stunning card.

Unknown said...

your cards are perfect!!!!!!!!!! and this one is absolutely stunning!

Judy said...

Fab card, Donna, great design, & the birdie is so cute!
JudyNZ

Anice said...

This card is just fab! So classy..I wish I was a classy card maker. Thanks for sharing it.
Anice xx

Nickynoo said...

I love this card, the bird is fab!

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, I love the papers you have used and that bird is so sweet

Nowalinka said...

hohoho! I see "my" flower ;)
I'm glad...You make amazing cards!
I love your "birdie" :D

kerry said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours, the distressing & the bird is fab!!
Kerry xxx

Anne said...

This is great! I love all the distressing, but especially how you've suspended the cute little bird!

Lythan said...

What a clever idea. It is jsut perfect!

Janine said...

This is just fantastic!! Love it!

lisa said...

Beautiful birdie & beautiful card
:) fab !!!!!!!
lis x

SewDelish said...

Another gorgeous card Donna! I love it

Sewdelish
xx

truskawkaM said...

sweet bird:) and super idea :)

E said...

nice card with beautiful birdie ;)

Anonymous said...

Oooh I love this! I want to go at one now! inspired! :)

Ms Dragonfly said...

this card is absolutely amazing! love how the bird can spin :) everything her is so beautiful!

Kath Stewart said...

Love your card and the birdie is so cute

Kathy said...

All I can say is...Fantastic card!

cwasia said...

WOW! Fabulous card!

Anonymous said...

Love it
LOLLIES

Ellen said...

love the way you've made the distressed frame and your birdie is so cute. Nice colour combination as well.

Anonymous said...

Smashing card - I just adore the birdie design youve been using lately.

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Gorgeous Donna I love evrything about it :)

bibbi said...

WOW! I love it! :)