Thursday 17 April 2008

NAME CARD

I was asked the other night to put a card together for a lady who works with my friend. She had seen the brother card and wanted something similar but with the ladies name on the front.

She asked for a pink card with stripes on the letters and also buttons. No Ribbons!!!! And to be honest I haven't enjoyed making this. I find it hard to follow peoples instructions on cards - I like to make them my own way!

Here is how the card started.



And this is how it finished - I ended up changing the letter 'E' as I thought it looked too big with the other letters.



On the inside she wanted Happy Birthday Mate with the 'M' from Mel to start the word mate!



I edged the letters with my pink ink pad then added some ultra fine glitter.



On the edge with the buttons, I cut a curve so the buttons had something to follow and to give the card a bit of shape. The photo doesn't really show you this. I also threaded a few of the buttons with cerise thread.

Well my friend is picking this up on Saturday, as the lady needs it for Monday. Just hope she likes it!!!!

14 comments:

Sequin Bead said...

well, i think this is a TRULY STUNNING CARD you have created here! Absolutely gorgeous!

Great design layout and the colour palette is mouthwatering!

The Lady who has asked for it will just ADORE it.

Well done!!!

Sequin
x x x

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!

Nowalinka said...

Again good idea...and so beautiful card! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card....Im sure the lady in question will love it!
I know what you mean about making cards to instructions, when I have to do it, it kind of kills me creatively, Im far better off just making stuff off my own back,IYKWIM.

Heather said...

The card turned out well. It must be a challenege to create under such precise instructions from the customer.

kerry said...

Love it!!! Love the colour & the design is fab! I'm sure it will be loved too by the lady who ordered it, & 'mel'.
Kerry xxx

Kathy said...

wow, this is such a fab card. I love the design, the colours - everything

Filka said...

beautiful card!

Cambiel said...

Love the card! The colours are yummy and it's really clever the way you have used the 'M'. also love the buttons and cerise thread - really funky. am sure botjh your friend and the recipient will love it :-)

Max said...

Fabulous card especially considering you had to try to create someone else's ideas. Mission accomplished I would say.

truskawkaM said...

great idea ! nad beautiful effect :)

Jackie said...

Love it.......fab idea.

Tip Top said...

Love it!

Julie said...

I think it's great, but I know what you mean about having to follow other people's instructions