Friday 14 March 2008

I GIVE IN!!!

All for me not posting any cards for the next few days.

Here is the start of the card for the 60th birthday - bear in mind its not finished yet. I have just finished putting it together and inked up the edges. Now all i have to do is find a nice birthday verse to put inside and some small embellishments, make the box and it will be finished.



The paper is by Papermania - Silk Screened Paper Gold Ornate Metallic. I have used a 12 x 12 sheet to make the card and also some beige Bazzill Card for the accordian bit. I used the paper to cover the bazzill card on the inside. The ribbon I have had for ages and I think it really goes with the paper.



The size of the front and back cover is 11cm deep by 8.5cm wide. And the inside accordian is 10cm deep by 7.5cm wide. That gives me 4 pages to add the verse to.

The only main issue I had using this paper was that the gold rubs off!!! Dont know the reason for this - has it got to do with it being Silk Screened? Has anyone else had this problem?

6 comments:

JaCk said...

Greetings from Italy :D

Julie said...

It looks very elegant, looking forward to seeing the finished product

Anonymous said...

Elegant and absolute class Donna.

Tasha said...

There's something for you on my blog!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Hey there my Sweet Friend...This is Fantabulous!!!!!

SewDelish said...

Can't wait to see it when you are done!

I have just given you an award. Come on over to pick it up

http://sewdelish.blogspot.com/

Sewdelish
xx