Saturday 12 April 2008

DARING CARD MAKERS - BUTTERFLY, FLUTTERBY

This weeks friday challenge is Butterfly, Flutterby

Hi everyone :) Jo here with this week's dare....
I seem to like butterflies at the mo. This week therefore I would like you to put some butterflies on cards. Stitched, felt, shiny, bright, plain, paper pieced, stamped, drawn... you get the idea :) any theme of card but it must have a butterfly somewhere on the card!


Well here is my go!



I used a Dovecraft Stamp for the background and an Anna Griffin stamp for the Butterfly - I used my creamy Brown Chalk Inkpad on both the stamps. I also added some copper wire to make the antenna for the butterfly. The quote is from a Mariah Carey song that I found on the net.



Hope you like it!!
0

18 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh wow wonderful. This is so pretty.

Judy said...

Stunning card, Donna, love the colours and the copper wire antenna just finishes off a lovely card!
JudyNZ

Louly said...

That's so pretty, I love how you've kept the colours subtle, it looks really sophisticated.

Alhambra Club said...

This is so pretty, love the wire that you used and how you dimensionalized the butterly.

Gina said...

Gorgeous card, the butterfly looks great :O)

Jay said...

Very pretty card! I particularly like your use of the copper wire for the antennae.

michelle said...

So beautiful and so elegant !!

Crafting Queen said...

Elegant card, lovely.

Julia said...

fabulous card, what a lovely colour.

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the elegance you've created.

cwasia said...

I love this card, it is so delicate, the colours are lovely, and the butterfly...sweet!

kerry said...

Beautiful & so delicate. Love how you've taken the close up piccie, lets you see more detail.
Kerry xx

SewDelish said...

Your card is beautiful. Another one of your lovely creations
Sewdelish
xx

Anne said...

Simple and elegant - lovely card!

Rosanne said...

Gorgeous card and I love the baby ones too!

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Very elegant! A lovely card!

finnabair said...

sweet, stylish card! I love butterflies but I always have problems with buying the right (pretty enough) stamps ;)

Julie said...

Beautiful card