Sunday 6 April 2008

DARING CARD MAKERS - SHRINK TO FIT

I have finally taken the plunge and decided to try one of the dares from DCM.

Shrink to Fit by Kathy

So this week I'd like you to think small - not small cards, but small spaces of embellishment on regular sized cards.
You are allowed to cover no more than a 5x5cms area of your card with paper or embellishment - the rest of the card must be left plain.
How you use those valuable cms is up to you. So you may choose to split up those cms to use around your card, or use them in a block or a line. It might help to cut a few 5x5cm squares then cut those up to work out good ways of using your allotment. Making your whole card a miniscule 5x5cms is NOT an option!! Lets have no cheating (I know what you lot are like.....),but because I'm feeling generous, I'm going to let you add a SIMPLE greeting as extra to your 5x5 allowance! :-)


Well here is my attempt.



I have been asked a few times if i make Wedding Acceptance cards and i always say no - but when i seen the challenge I knew what I wanted to do. I just love white space on cards and I don't do them very often.
The flourish is a font dingbat that I coloured in using my Pilot Gold Pen. http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com/

I hope to take part in more of these challenges - if time is on my side!

15 comments:

Jane said...

thats so stylish ! I really like it

Charlene Austin said...

White spaces scare me! LOL. This is gorgeous. I can't wait to give it a try!

Kathy said...

I can't believe you've escaped the clutches of the DCM for so long!!!!

This is so beautiful, absolutely perfect.
Well done you :-)

MeandLilG said...

Hi, just popped in to say I love your stuff and to tell you I have nominated you for an award. Please see my blog! xx

Anice said...

Fab card! It's so hard to leave blank space isn't it but it looks so great!!
Anice xx

Anonymous said...

very elegant!

crafty_george said...

I love how simple that is but looks so stylish.

Anonymous said...

Its gorgeous, very elegant. :)

Vanessa.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous once again.
I love it.

Penny said...

So elegant- I love it!

Mucky Pup said...

Beautiful... the font dingbat looks so elegant!

asia wu said...

This is such an elegent card, you did great with this dare.

Canne said...

Rather regal - love it!

Jackie said...

Super card Donna. I may give this a go........but all that white is SO scary!!

finnabair said...

very elegant, simple card. Perfect!