Sunday 6 April 2008

21ST BIRTHDAY CARD

My friend who asked me to make the 40th card rang me again to see if I would make a 21st card for a lad. She doesn't need it till Wednesday but I thought I would get it done early.



Now some of you know me by now - how critical I am of my cards. I will probably put this to the side, as I am not totally happy with it. I just don't think it looks right if you know what I mean. I think its the stripes on the numbers to be honest. I tried to get them to match, as in the stripes were in line with each other on each of the numbers (hard to explain). Can you see what I'm on about! But it hasnt worked right.



Hubby says its fine but.... well what does he know???? He is even more critical of my cards than what I am. LOL!

I used the Dovecraft Masculine Paper Pack, Dovecraft Brads, computer to print off the numbers and the words. I also used my new Creamy Brown Chalk Pad that I got yesterday to go round the edges and I also used it to colour the brads.

4 comments:

Charlene Austin said...

I know what you mean but you are so wrong....this is perfection and I think you should LOVE it like I do!! Have a great day.

truskawkaM said...

this cards is simple, but is so beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

I know what you are saying about the stripes, and if you had turned the paper round the other way on the number 1 it would have matched perfectly. Having said that, the finished card is great and your use of spots and stripes together is lovely. I especially like the mini tags for the message.

Julie said...

I don't know what you mean, I can't see anything wrong with this card. It'll be perfect for a lad.