Monday 21 April 2008

DOUBLE POCKET CARD

Managed to have a go at making one of these Double Pocket Cards tonight and i can seriously say it is sooooo easy. The tutorial can be found here http://www.jarfullofjoy.blogspot.com/2008/04/double-pocket-card-tutorial.html. The instructions are so easy and there are pictures as well, so you cant go wrong! ;)

Card with tags in place - not to keen on the tags so I will probably change them!



Card without tags



And I made a little stand for the back so that the card can stand up.



The paper/card is by American Crafts and I have had it for ages. I bought it because I liked the pattern - but its a bit too large for a card. The ribbons are from my local market and so is the button.

So I don't think I did too bad - maybe next time I will use a smaller patterned paper - which I think will give it more impact.

UPDATE ON CARDS

Just to let you know the lady who asked for the card with MEL on the front absolutely loved it - my friend rang me this morning to let me know. Also the little house card that I did the other day, my friend 'bought' it off me to give to one of her friends who has just moved in to a new house and she was delighted with it and she couldnt believe that it was hand made (blush)!! So I am very happy!

9 comments:

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Fab card, love the paper you used on it too, such unusual colours :)

Nowalinka said...

O, very interesting card, and beauty of course :)
I can't made card with tags...maybe someday i will by way of trial ;)

Sequin Bead said...

Just gorgeous your pocket card! And that's fantaic news about your MEL card and the new home card too. well done !

sequin
x

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Isn't it lovely when people you don't know appreciate your cards. Well done on the recipients of your Mel and new home card loving your work :) I hope you popped your contact details on the back so they can get in touch if they need to buy a card.

Cheers ears :)

kerry said...

Fab card, might have to have a look at the tutorial...lol.
Kerry xxx

Janine said...

Just a great card...

Charlene Austin said...

Awwww....that's so great! You should be proud because they are amazing cards. If your Shabby Chic Bird ever goes for sale ---Let me know!!! Have a wonderful day!!

Max said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Max said...

Whoops ... sorry about the delete ... typo's 'cos I should be in bed LOL

Will try again ....*blush*

Great news about your cards ... you seem to be the only one who isn't blown away by your creations.
Love the tag card and the paper being dramatic is what works for me.