Sunday 20 April 2008

SHABBY CHIC OR JUST SHABBY

Now this is the first time I have made a card like this and I really don't know what to call it!!??? I just don't do cards like this. My eldest says its for a 'granny', hubby doesn't like it as there is way too much stuff 'going on', but my youngest loves it because of all the buttons and small flowers! And I am sitting on the fence at this present time as I really don't know if its me!

I drew the outline for the little bird the other night while I was sat reading blogs. There seems to be so many of the little birds popping up everywhere LOL that I thought I would create one without having to go out and but the stamps.



The paper is made by erm I don't know!! I did get it from LCS, but I never ask who the maker is. It is double sided, stripes on one side and the flowers on the other.



The sentiment is an Anna Griffin stamp that I have had for ages - I got it from QVC with a load of other Anna Griffin stuff.



The 'braid' I bought yesterday from local wool shop for 65p a metre (don't know if that's expensive as i have never bought it before!). The rik-rac is from Nowalinka (thank you)!. The buttons are from the market and the small flowers I think i got from Crafty Carrot - but I might be wrong! Oh yeah the legs are made with some gold embroidery thread.

17 comments:

Vicky said...

wow! i just looked at your blog for the first time, and i love it! esp this card...its stunning! xxx

Janine said...

This is must beautiful.. I think the feel is very vintage.

Iskra said...

I think it's K&Company paper. I've got the same. This bird is so cute... especially it's legs! :)

Dolly Mixtures said...

I think it's gorgeous. Perfect shabby look. I think it's fatal to ask the family, everyone has an opinion and it isn't always the one you want to hear, in my experience.

debby4000 said...

Well I for one think this is lovely and is definitely what I call shabby chic.

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Wow how gorgeous is that. Love the colours, love everything about it, fab

Cheers ears :)

Charlene Austin said...

DONNA!!! This card literally took my breath away. It is SO SO SO gorgeous. Honestly I can't even begin to tell you how much I love it. This is the style of cards I only wish I could make but don't seem to ever be able to. Will you share the outline design of the bird?

Anonymous said...

ooo never really got shabby chic so IMHO definitely CHIC not shabby

very clever

Unknown said...

Its the first time I have been on your blog and I just thought WOW as soon as I saw it but I love the slightly distressed look and never quite manage it - Chrissy

Nowalinka said...

I'm glad that You use that ribbon ;)
Your card is amazing!
The birdie is so sweet and have so long legs 8)

Rae said...

Fabulous card! Buttons and these little flowers look great ;) And the bird - wow!

Julie said...

This it totally shabby chic and I love it

Marsza said...

Donna!!! Wow how gorgeous is that!

cwasia said...

Donna, I love this card! The colours, buttons and flowers...and the bird is so sweet!

Unknown said...

Oh Donna this is *uber cute, I love it!

kerry said...

'Love' this one too!!!
Kerry xxx

finnabair said...

i just love your bird... stunning!