Thursday 22 May 2008

LITTLE ADDRESS BOOK

Sorry I'm a bad blogger at the mo - but been a tad busy these past few days.

Yesterday I was at a funeral of an old colleague and friend who I worked with at the local newspaper. She was such a lovely, bubbly lady and to be taken at the age of 53 just doesn't seem right! The funeral yesterday was very reminiscent of my mums nearly 6 years ago (my mum was only 52 when cancer took her from us) so as you can understand I found it very hard. But, I also got to meet up with quite a few work colleagues who I haven't seen for a few years now - and it was lovely to do a bit of catch up (even under the certain circumstances).

On A Lighter Note...
Here is a LITTLE ADDRESS BOOK that I finished on Tuesday to match the birthday book in the previous post. I nipped to my LCS on Monday hoping to get another sheet of the lovely paper that I had used, but I must have got the last sheet on Saturday (sigh) as they didn't have any more. I just had enough left to cover the front and back pages of this, but I have used a different paper for the inside front and back covers.



The paper is by K&Co from LCS (just love their papers at the moment), and, once again used my Bind-It-All. The wires are from Cutting Edge Crafts (great prices, no p&p and excellent delivery).



I stamped the letters using my Studio G Alphabet Stamps. The pages inside were done on my computer. The lovely spotty ribbon is from my dad and the rest from LCS and market.



My hubby has said I should do a few sets of these (ready for Christmas - WHAT!!!!) and he will take them into work as there are a few women who would buy them. CHRISTMAS - I want to have Summer first LOL!!!!

12 comments:

Janine said...

This is so nice!! I love it!! I must use my Bind It All more often. I just might have to try this one.

Max said...

Oh Donna ... another gorgeous addition to your portfolio. Oh and at the risk of being shouted at ... your hubby is right!
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
x

Unknown said...

I'm so ashamed that I haven't been here for such a long time!!! You've made a lot of beautiful things with your bind-it-all. Love your sense of colour ;)

kerry said...

Again, this is just gorgeous!! I think they would be fab gifts to give to people or to be bought to give as gifts!!!

Sorry to hear about your former work colleague, I went to my Aunt's funeral a few weeks ago. All of my family were there, it was lovely to see them but not under the cicumstances. It used to be weddings & christenings for get togethers. Hope you are ok.
Kerry xxx

finnabair said...

ha! apiece of great work again!Fryne said about your sense of colour - she was right! big kisses for you! :*

Nowalinka said...

Beauty this address book :)
I have bind-it-all too from today ;)

Charlene Austin said...

Hey Donna! Loving all your Bind It All projects.

My Papertrey order has arrived and I am picking it up from the post office tomorrow. I had decided to wait till the Lavender Moon arrived before sending a little bit of each color your way. I should be getting it out on Friday to you!!!!! I hope you love it as much as I do!!

MeandLilG said...

Hi there. Just popped in to say I have left a little something on my blog for you xx

Vicky said...

something on my blog for you too...ps, LOVE this address book!!!
xx

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

I love it Donna, it's gorgeous :)

Charlene Austin said...

Hey you! I gave you an award on my blog. Check it out.
http://willowandpaisley.typepad.com/willow_paisley/2008/06/rockin-my-socks-award.html

Julie said...

I love your little books, this one's no exception