Friday 1 August 2008

DON'T ALL FAINT AT ONCE

OMG - How long is it since I last posted????

I'm sorry for not being around but I've been a bit busy lately. I have been doing some more stuff for CocoCards - adverts & flyer's etc, but I thought I would have a little play tonight and get some of my card stuff out.

I wanted to come up with some new stuff - but I thought, play it safe and make a card for a family friend who is due a Baby Boy next month. And talking of babies I am going to be an auntie again (whoohoo) as my brother and his wife are expecting a baby boy in December, and also one of my oldest, long time friends and her partner are also due a baby in December, but up to now she doesn't know what she is having. So you may be seeing a few baby cards on here :*)

Back to the card! - You may remember I did this style of card a while ago - but this time I had a little play and made it accordion style. Its such a dinky card as it only measures 10cm high and 7.5cm wide.



I used a rubber on the end of a pencil to make the white dots, then I went over them with a sky blue colour. I made the little boat out of scraps and dabbed a bit of ink over it then used 3d foam pads to give it lift. I also used 2in circle punch to make the neck and leg holes, then used a scallop punch to make the 'lace' parts.



The inside poem was printed on my computer then cut out. It was a bit tricky to do but I got there in the end - have to say though I could have been a bit neater with my cutting. I don't know where the poem came from or who wrote it (sure I found it on the web ages ago) but I thought it was cute and it had 3 verses which fit perfectly with the pages of the card.

Hope you are all doing fine and I will hopefully, this weekend catch up with everyone's blogs.

5 comments:

Dolly Mixtures said...

Hi Donna,
I LOVE this card -and the fact it's so dinky! The dots using the rubber have worked out well and the little raised boat is perfect. Sounds like December is going to be a busy month!!

Heather said...

Very clever - I love it. Gosh you must have some patience.
Heather xx

truskawkaM said...

sweet cards :)

Anonymous said...

oh this is so cute and so clever...LOVE IT!

Nowalinka said...

Wow! Beautiful and so delicate card :)