Wednesday 26 March 2008

CHOCOLATE & COOL BLUES...

Today when my dad came round to see me, he asked if I could make him a Thank You card. So I decided to do one using the same colours and papers as the Bookmark. I just love these colours at the moment!!



I used DCVW Retro Papers, DCVW Neutral and Brights Matt Stack. I made holes on the blue card using a needle and a ruler and then hand stitched in brown thread. I inked round the edges of the letters with my Dark Brown ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpad (that's a bit of a mouthful) and then tied some ribbon round the 'U' and used sticky fixers to raise the letters up.



The letters I used were printed off my computer and then cut out. I then stuck the DCVW Retro Paper over the top then cut them out again. I really didn't want to use the HOTP Monograms that I have - I prefer to stroke them!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The retro stack was one of my favourite papers.

Great work again hunny x

Jessica said...

This is beautiful! I love the color combinations with the chocolate brown. Chocoalte brown/soft green/blue is one of my favorites. Great job!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Lovely....I so love this!!!!Great colors.

Julie said...

I love these colors as well. Nice card.

finnabair said...

very nice retro card ;)
i really like these colours :)

Nowalinka said...

Haha! You make a smart letters ;) and
use a beauty and universal colors!
That card is so pretty!

P.s.Sorry, Donna , my English is not so good :(
But i love what You make and do! :*

Louly said...

Wow wow wow! I love your style, this card rocks!
PS. To celebrate today's launch of Downloadable Dottie I'm giving away some blog candy.xxx

cwasia said...

Wonderful card! I love the colours!
I've just found your blog, and I already know I will visit you again.:)

Julie said...

Love those papers, great card. I have to say I'm really impressed with your cutting out, what's the secret?